My reading this episode is an excerpt from Eddie Traversa’s book, Truth Realization. Eddie was an extraordinarily sincere spiritual teacher and friend who passed away in 2022. His website no longer exists, but at least as of the time of this writing, his book is still available, and you can listen to my podcast interview of him.
Eddie’s Truth Realization book is about as unknown as titles get, yet as is often the case, the value is in inverse proportion to the popularity. He succinctly described the book as “a collection of articles on the topic of spiritual enlightenment.”
For this reading, I chose two articles: the first titled “The Who am I Koan,” and the second titled “Consciousness.” Both writings carry a deeper meaning that simply the words.
This is podcast # 11 in The Induction Series. The aim of this series is to focus on “inspired” writings, those that carry the “living word.” Franklin Merrell-Wolff called them “mystic writings” and said that “when the ‘Voice of the Silence’ speaks into the relative world, the Meaning lies between the words, as it were, rather than in the direct content of the words themselves.”
Richard Rose said that “If you are interested in looking for Essence, from the point of the Process Observer you can be stimulated only by writings of inspiration rather than reason or direction” and referred students to his poem “Three Books of the Absolute.” While Rose used the term “inspirational,” clearly these are not necessarily inspirational, uplifting writings like one typically finds collected under that banner.
If you enjoy The Induction Series, please leave a review on Amazon of my book Subtraction: The Simple Math of Enlightenment. There are currently 148 reviews and each additional review boosts the visibility of the book. You don’t have to purchase the book on Amazon to leave a review, and a few minutes of your time will help others seekers find the book. Just click the link above and leave a few words in a review. Thank you!
Please feel free to leave comments or send an email with the contact form. I always appreciate hearing your thoughts.
- Listen to the interview on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, or Google Play.
- Stream by clicking here, or download after you follow the link by using right-click and then “save as.”
- Or watch on YouTube.
- As a thank you for visiting, enjoy free shipping and get a signed copy of my book Subtraction: The Simple Math of Enlightenment for only $13.50.
- If you enjoy the podcast, consider supporting it by purchasing a book, t-shirt, or film at the store.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments.
Selected Links and Topics from this Episode:
- “…then you discover you are this nothingness….”
- “Enlightenment is beyond consciousness. It is not a thing one can become.”
- Eddie Traversa’s book, Truth Realization is available from Lulu.com
- List to my podcast interview of Eddie Traversa, or read the review.
- Leave a review on Amazon of my book Subtraction: The Simple Math of Enlightenment. We’re now at 148 reviews!