Bart Marshall is both a gifted writer and spiritual teacher. I’ve known Bart Marshall for many years, but the inspiration for this interview is his article “Ultimate Between-ness” which contains these compelling lines:
There are two main things I think are worth studying. One is how to wake up from this dream called life. The other is how to get what you want within it. As it happens, the formula for both is the same.
- Listen to the interview on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
- Stream by clicking here, or download after you follow the link by using right-click and then “save as.”
- Or listen on YouTube.
- As a thank you for visiting, enjoy free shipping and get a signed copy of my book Subtraction: The Simple Math of Enlightenment for only $12.95.
- If you enjoy the podcast, join my monthly supporters. Your help is appreciated.
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments.
Selected Links and Notes from this Episode:
- Announcement that the TAT Foundation’s April event features an excellent lineup of speakers: Paul Hedderman, Paul Rezendes, Paul Constant, Norio Kushi, and Bart Marshall. Sign up for this incredible conference at Once in a Lifetime is Now.
- For Bart Marshall’s background story, check out my film Closer than Close, his interview on ConsciousTV, and Bart’s interview on BATGAP. [1:45]
- An overview of Ultimate Between-ness. [3:57]
- The Law of Attraction is better called The Law of Creation. [4:50]
- The four aspects of Ultimate Between-ness: Intention, Confidence, Gratitude, and Indifference. [6:40]
- The importance of wanting the truth at all cost. [10:30]
- Prayer as a practice of indifference. [15:29]
- The importance of clarifying what you really want. Why do you want the Truth? [19:20]
- “The man who chases two mice catches none.” [21:34]
- Guided self-inquiry. [22:40]
- How to incorporate a habit of confidence. [27:19]
- Does backing away from untruth conflict with setting an intention? [35:20]
- Are there any spiritual nuggets Bart has uncovered since writing the Ultimate Between-ness essay? [43:55]
- How to work with Bart Marshall. He charges for the initial consultation, but not for follow on sessions. [49:45]
- RealFace Press is Bart’s publishing company. [52:26] His books include:
- The Perennial Way: New English Versions of Yoga Sutras, Dhammapada, Heart Sutra, Astavakra Gita, Faith Mind Sutra, Tao Te Ching, and More
- Christ Sutras: the Complete Sayings of Jesus from All Sources Arranged into Sermons
- Pearl of the Orient: a screenplay by Bart Marshall
- Bhavagad Gita: the Definitive Translation
- Verses Regarding True Nature -poetry by Bart Marshall
- The Torah: The Five Books of Moses
- Think and Grow Rich
- The Triune Seer: Confessions of a Ruthless Seer by Mike Snider
- Magic White and Black: the Science of Finite and Infinite Life by Franz Hartmann, MD
- Letters of Transmission: the Enlightenment Method of Zen Master Alfred Pulyan
- The Conquest of Illusion by J.J. van der Leeuw
- Astavakra Gita: bootleg version
- After the Absolute: the Inner Teachings of Richard Rose by David Gold with Bart Marshall
- Reach Bart Marshall at SelfInquiry.org.
Support this podcast (this is a test link to see if it works in podcast apps)